Well, here it is.......(up to you to interpret for your situation!)
- Some churches meet in homes.
- Other churches meet in pubs, cafes, work places or wherever it suits them.
- Some churches meet on Sundays.
- Other churches meet on the day(s) or night(s) that suits them.
- Other churches don't have any regular time or place to meet.
- Some churches have a bank account (like a food bank - what comes in, goes out!).
- Other churches don't have a bank account (collect money as needs arise).
- Other churches do both (a bank account, and need-focused giving.
- Some churches have only male leaders.
- Most churches have female & male leaders.
- Other churches don't have any identifiable leaders.
- Some churches have a song leader, most don't.
- Some churches have a regular meal associated with communion.
- Some churches cater for children.
- Some churches have a connection to a denomination, most don't.
- Some churches are part of a formal or informal network.
- Some churches are 'missional' and seeing regular conversions, most (sadly) aren't.
- Some churches are heavily involved with their communities.
- Some churches (most I expect) have no set programme to follow. See, 1Cor. 14:26.
- Other churches loosely follow a programme.
- Some churches are large, others are small, just two or three. (Matt.18:20).
- Most churches (by far) have no interest in owning or renting a building.
- Most churches (by far) don't have any paid staff.
- Most churches believe in the Eph. 4:11 ministries and involve them as helpers in various ways.
So, there you have it! This letter telling you, tongue-in-cheek, that you are free to meet as and when you choose, governed only by the leadership of the Holy
Spirit and the Word of God.
Any other patterns out there? I'd like to add some more!