....life that is only found in Jesus
So, what am I supposed to do to bring light to Fred's life? Any suggestions? (Yes, I mean it!)
What I am doing is the following....
- Praying specifically for Fred knowing that only God can switch on the light.
- Getting the help of others. The last thing I want is for Fred to be my convert. Two or three friends have been having a Sunday breakfast with Fred at the local pub. (He doesn't know it's church!)
- Sharing with him testimony-type books.
- Being committed to a no-strings-attached friendship - whether or not Fred becomes a follower of Jesus.
- Being a genuine listener and an encourager in response to Fred's painful stories.
Thanks for your feedback. I DO look forward to it.
Craig Kirkby's informative teaching on simple church, kingdom-shaped gatherings are still available. Three DVDs. Order from TVM Studios. email@example.com Tel. 06)3680663.